Sociological Analysis

a qwriting.qc.cuny.edu blog

Extra Credit Elizabeth Feliciano

May 19th, 2011 · 2 Comments
Uncategorized

Its somewhat hard to answer this question. For me going to class is something I find important for myself personally where if I miss I feel like ill have a hard time picking up where i last left off and end up working double to make sure I’ve digested all the information I missed. Majority of the time i do attend class and yes sometimes it is a challenge to stay focussed and there doesn’t seem to be a real reason why, boredom definitely kicks in but to me it seems to happen regardless of how interesting I find the material, almost something innate. Day dreaming in class doesnt mean I’m not learning it just means that I’m thinking about all the things I could be doing if I wasnt in class. It isn’t something thar happens everyday, I mean we all have the unconscious right to day dream, it just happens in my case. At the end of the day I still am aware of the iimportance of my education and what I have learned 🙂

2 responses so far ↓

• 1    Prof. Hala // May 19, 2011 at 9:33 pm

It’s good to be reminded of that, how all of us have a tendency to daydream. And that we shouldn’t treat it as some kind of sin. And daydreaming doesn’t mean one isn’t learning or doesn’t value education. Nor does losing focus. ADD (attention deficit disorder) is a reality for some people as well.

• 2    efeliciano510 // May 20, 2011 at 3:34 pm

The article points out how many students are taking classes that do not involve to much work as well and this to me didn’t seem to be something done on purpose because I don’t think us as students have the power to enroll ourselves in “easy classes” we just register and take it as it comes. In concern with the amount of study hours I would say that is under our control where I personally study when I know I have to not everyday because I have other things to do. Todays society young adults hold 2 jobs gp to school and some even have children, sadly to say some people turn to school for help but don’t hold it up to be a priority.