Sociological Analysis

a qwriting.qc.cuny.edu blog

Extra Credit- Sylvia Nawaz

May 19th, 2011 · 1 Comment
Uncategorized

I normally don’t miss classes often, but if I do it’s either I have to take care of something important (family) or I wake up too late or I’m sick. I really think its disrespectful to walk into class extremely late (30 mins-1 hr into class), so it doesn’t disturb the class or professor, plus I’m going to be lost in the lecture. I’d rather miss class and catch up on what I’ve missed with other classmates or the professor. I’ve realized this semester that I’m not a morning person anymore, I felt torturous waking up at 6am and being in class at 8am. That was a reason why I was very quiet in class, because normally I love talking and participating and being active in class discussions. I also believe many people register for early classes just so they can get it over with earlier in the day and have the entire day free (those who don’t work). I believe the timing of the class causes repetitive absence, many students make that mistake.

1 response so far ↓

• 1    Prof. Hala // May 19, 2011 at 9:45 pm

This is very informative. It’s true that some people just aren’t “morning people.” I know people like that. And they’re totally dynamic later in the day. I’m a morning person (believe it or not). I’m always up early, but I’m nowhere near as punctual as I used to be in college, and in grad school. Go figure.